Sunday, March 1, 2015

ePals

I love this website because it is a real learning community to me, involving teachers, students, schools and parents! Students are the center of the community. Activity Theory in sociocultural theories suggests the integral role of community in the learning process. Students learn through social interactions and develop themselves in the process. Community is what a student live in and conduct social interactions in, so when the community is recreated online, it is really helpful for students to learn. ePals has different classrooms that students may choose and it also has a special blogging space for students to interact with teachers and with each other, which I was excited to find out!
I am extremely excited to learn about the global community project of ePal! Students in different parts of world may get together in one classroom and learn from each other! This was a huge step forward for the real global voice and the concept of jumping from one flock another. I couldn't wait to introduce the website to my students. I wish one day I could establish a classroom there where my students may communicate with native English speakers who are interested in Chinese culture.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do use this site or a similar one to create a "world" classroom.

    ReplyDelete