Saturday, February 7, 2015

A New Start!

Blogs were widely used in China before Weibo (Chinese twitter) came in. People like Weibo because it doesn't require a long essay to express feelings and opinions; instead, it forces people to write short comments and easy sentences. Literacy now is acquired through fragmentized input and output. As a matter of fact, I personally was a blogger, but I am not anymore. I am jumping around Weibo, reposting some else’s articles and saying some quick stuff about my days.

When I set up this blog as required by the course, I suddenly realized that I have left blogs behind for too long! I am really excited to have things back to ways they used to be! I love writing and this is how I am going to reacquaint myself to writing and to connect myself to blog learning. 

1 comment:

  1. You are quite right that in some ways Twitter has diminished the popularity of blogs, but each can fill a different niche in teaching and learning. Only blogs allow the writers to fully express their ideas and keep a more "detailed conversation" going through comments while Twitter or Weibo exchanges are great for exchanging smaller bits of information.

    ReplyDelete