Sunday, February 15, 2015

Technology makes it fun!

When I first watched the animation of Sir Ken Robinson’s speech on Changing Paradigms, I was so impressed! I just couldn't describe for you how my eyes were glued to the computer screen, staring at the “hand” in the video and learning as it interpreted the speech. My understanding of the speech was enhanced and my interest was intrigued. When it stopped after 12 minutes, I went straight on YouTube trying to find the complete version of the speech. I could see how the new way of inputting made a change to my learning experience. The animated version re-organized the original script, made it compact and clear for learning, and improved efficiency of idea-expressing through an inspiring way. I believe that the effect of driving students to search for sources and learn themselves are more important than teaching knowledge itself. The animation set a perfect example!  
animated Changing Paradigms 


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that encouraging students to "learn on their own" is more important than the simple transmission of knowledge. So a major part of our job is to motivate the students to want to learn on their own and equipping them with the skills to do so.

    ReplyDelete